Welcome!

Saving a face one beat at a time...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Model Minister: Cassandra Vincent

Have you ever met a person that you just clicked with immediately? No awkwardness, no cattiness, just and instant “CLICK”. Well this is what happened to me during my initial meeting with Ms. Cassandra Vincent. I met Cassandra on my first day of working for the wonderful institution, Johns Hopkins University, and found her to be friendly, spunky and vibrant and seriously focused on her destiny. We had a lot in common.

After a brief conversation I also learned that Ms. Vincent serves as coordinator for the Minority Health International Research Training Program (MHIRT) for Johns Hopkins University, is an active real estate agent for Long & Foster AND has the NERVE to be an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; serving at Restoration Ministries, Bible Believer's Church in Baltimore, Maryland. Yes…girlfriend is on the move! When she asked me to do her make up for an upcoming photo shoot, I jumped at the opportunity and couldn’t wait to get her face as my new canvas.

We decided that I would do her after work at Restoration where the shoot would take place. On the day of the shoot I had my all black attire on and poppin, my trusty filled-to-the rim make up case and my never leave home without it brush be…..uh…where is my?…DANG! I LEFT MY BRUSH BELT!! Ugh!

So I did what any good makeup artist would do in this situation (no I didn’t use my hands…although I thought about it) I went to Tar-Jay (Target) and bought a miniature travel brush set by Sonia Kashuk. To my surprise the brushes really got the job done.





The photographer and I teased Cassandra about being a Michelle Obama look alike. What do you think?



(I think it's in the eyes)

Needless to say we had a great time doing the shoot, in fact so much so that we were not looking forward to going back to work the next day. But hey…we looked at it as a step in the right direction.


For Cassandra’s look I chose a soft smoky eye using gradient shades of purple and a soft peach applied to her brow bone using my
88 shadow palette. I used M.A.C’s Blacktrack fluid line eye liner, Plushblack mascara and Breath of Plum powder blush. I finished her lips with M.A.C ‘s Vino lip liner, L’Oreal’s Color Juice lip gloss in Grape Soda (one of my all time favorites) and M.A.C.’s Lusterglass in Little VI.


Contact Cassandra at cassandrav@restorationministriesbbc.com for information about Restoration Ministries, her ministry, and upcoming speaking engagements. For home buying information contact her at CASSANDRA.VINCENT@Longandfoster.com.




Ciao Bellas!

1 comment: